Friday, December 29, 2006

Ding Ding Ding

Well, that's it. The markets are closed for 2006. I know I learned a lot this year. I hope you did too. 2007 should see the fruits of our labor and study. Of course, it's a never ending process and we must always be pressing forward.

I'm glad to have started this blog and am thankful that people take the time to read it. It is beneficial for me to articulate and show my ideas and the lessons I'm learning and hopefully it is helpful to any readers as well. If you have any thoughts or recommendations for the blog that you'd like to share with me, please leave them in the comments area or email me from the Profile page.

As this is an appropriate time to review our progress and current state, I'd like to make a few adjustments in our Watch list. Mostly just to ensure that we're dealing with leaders in their respective groups. We do have some really great ones among us, but others seem to be showing themselves as laggards. For example, ISE looks relatively weaker than some of the other exchange stocks while ICE looks much stronger than the bunch. For a simple comparison, look at where they sit in relation to a moving average. We can talk about this in the next meeting.

Before the commencement of trading again on Wednesday (Monday off for New Year's, Tuesday off in honor of President Ford), I will do a long term analysis of the market for a bit of perspective going into the New Year.

In the meantime, here is a look at the major indexes for the last three months of 2006 with weekly candles. Which one of these things is not like the others?
(Click it for a bigger picture)

No comments: